Parks & Recreation Dept.
12424 42nd Avenue South
Tukwila, WA 98168
Phone: 206 768-2822
Fax: 206 768-0524
Backyard Wildlife Festival & River Run 5K
Second Saturday in May
Tukwila Community Center
Celebrate wildlife, nature and gardening at the Annual Backyard Wildlife Festival! This event features presentations from local experts, along with a variety of educational exhibitors, arts & craft vendors, speakers and native/garden plant sales. Don’t leave the kids at home, there is plenty to keep the entire family entertained and excited – be sure to check out the kid’s area.
The Backyard Wildlife Festival is always held the second Saturday in May at the Tukwila Community Center, 10:00-3:00pm. Vendor applications for the 2019 festival will go live early February.
River Run/Walk 5K 10:00am
Run or Walk along the beautiful Duwamish River Trail
- Families, Strollers and Pets Welcome!
- Backyard-Wildlife-themed costumes encouraged!
- FREE Face Painter on site starting at 8:30am.
- Backyard Wildlife Festival
- Foster Golf Links
- Online Registration
- Parks, Recreation & Open Space (PROS) Plan
- Parks & Recreation Department Operational Overview
Other Community Organizations:
- King County Library System
- Sounders FC
- Starfire Sports
- Tukwila Historical Society
- Tukwila Pool
- Tukwila School District