The City of Tukwila Scholarship Program was established in 2014. The mission of the scholarship is to provide financial assistance to individuals enrolled for undergraduate study in community colleges, colleges, trade schools and universities. Selection criteria include but are not limited to academic accomplishments, community service, references, financial need, and personal essay.
The deadline to submit scholarship applications has been extended to April 30, 2020 – no exceptions.
- Must be a resident of the City of Tukwila. Proof of residency is required at the time of application: most recent utility bill.
- Must be equivalent to a senior in high school.
- Must demonstrate a substantial financial need as indicated on the FAFSA Student Aid Report.
- Must have applied to an undergraduate program at a community college, trade school or university.
- Must demonstrate leadership qualities as evidenced by involvement in extra-curricular activities.
- Must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or higher.
- Must have completed a minimum of 15 hours of community service.
For more information, contact Cheryl Thompson, Executive Assistant, Mayor’s Office at Cheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 433-1850.