6200 Southcenter Blvd.
Tukwila, WA 98188
Phone: 206 433-1832
Day Marketing Campaign
Give your feedback on a community survey: Take the survey now!
Looking for something fun to do? Want to meet up with friends for dinner? Time to go back to school shopping? If you answered yes to any of these questions you can likely find in in Tukwila. Tukwila is well known in the region as one of the premier entertainment, dining, and shopping destination in the Puget Sound region. In 2016, the City of Tukwila generated $2.162 BILLION in taxable retail sales. That’s more than 29 of Washington State’s 39 counties.
Tukwila is currently in the process of developing a brand for the Southcenter area of the City. Once the brand is developed, the City will begin to aggressively market the area to Puget Sound residents. Additionally, the City will look for ways to improve the visitor experience, including better way finding sign, City signage, and events.
The City has hired Bill Baker with Total Destination Marketing to help with the branding effort. Mr. Baker has worked with cities, towns, and counties throughout the globe. To assist the City in developing a brand for Southcenter, the City formed a Brand Advisory Committee to provide feedback and insight.
The Brand Advisory Committee includes:
- Owen Leinback, Courtyard by Marriott;
- Omar Lee, Washington Place;
- Vanessa Zaputil, Resident and Board Member, Tukwila Pool District;
- Andrea Reay, CEO/President, Seattle Southside Chamber of Commerce;
- Dan Lee, Odin Brewery;
- Todd Pietzch, BECU
- Ben Oliver, CEO/President, Starfire Sports;
- Mikel Hansen, COO, Sabey, Inc.;
- Ashely Messmer Corporate Sales and Promotions Associate Manager, Museum of Flight;
- Laurel Humphrey, Council Analyst, City of Tukwila
- Brandon Miles, Business Relations Manager, City of Tukwila
The brand will be completed by August/September of this year. For more information, contact Brandon Miles at (206) 431-3684 or at Brandon.Miles@Tukwilawa.gov.