Tukwila Parks & Recreation
12424 42nd Avenue South
Tukwila, WA 98168
Phone: 206 768-2822
Spirit of Giving
The annual Spirit of Giving campaign is well underway. The goal of the Spirit of Giving campaign is to reduce financial stress for caregivers and help create a time of ease and joy for Tukwila children and their families. Thanks to our partners, the Tukwila Children’s Foundation and Tukwila School District, we will collect warm coats, cozy blankets, basic hygiene and home necessities, and toys that promote active and creative play to help 150 families (400 children) this winter.
Covid-19 has added enormous stress upon families who were already experiencing immense challenges. 3 out of 4 elementary school students in Tukwila received free or reduced lunch during the 19-20 school year (everyone has access to free lunch this year), which equates to 76% of Tukwila families (with elementary school aged kids) living below the poverty line.
Like many endeavors, this year’s campaign is different than year’s past. There is a greater emphasis on basic needs: coats, blankets, hygiene and home necessities, and active and creative play opportunities. Our staff is working hard to ensure each family will receive the following in early December during a drive-thru style pick up event:
- Winter coats for each child
- Cozy items: blankets, hats, and mittens
- Grocery gift card
- Other hygiene and home items
- Active and creative play items: art and craft kit, active move equipment, books, and other items that promote family play.
Can you help with any of the following by:
- providing an item listed above, or
- providing a bulk purchase of items listed above, or
- providing a financial contribution. All contributions are tax deductible through the Tukwila Children’s Foundation. 100% of all cash donations go directly to purchases for Tukwila children and their families. Contribute here: https://www.tukwilachildrensfoundation.org/donate or
- Paypal: TukwilaChildrensFoundation@gmail.com
- Venmo: @TukwilaChildrensFoundation
Thank you for considering this important cause – together, we will nurture those in our community to ensure families have what they need for a healthy joyous December.
To become involved email: Giving@TukwilaWA.gov or call: 206-768-2822