Parks & Recreation Dept.
12424 42nd Avenue South
Tukwila, WA 98168
Phone: 206 768-2822
Fax: 206 768-0524
Tukwila Parks and Recreation offers a well-rounded schedule of activities, programs, classes, and services for adults 50 years of age or older.
FITNESS ROOM HOURS
FREE SENIOR TIME
Tukwila Residents (55+) can use the Fitness Room for FREE from 6:30–12pm on Mon, Wed, and Fri.
WOMEN’S ONLY FITNESS TIMES
Senior Adult Open Gym Volleyball – M/W/F and League Play T/Th
Senior Adult Open Pickleball Tuesday 9:00am – Noon – Saturdays beginning again in late March.
*please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Steve Batz@ 206-768-2822 – for more information on athletic or fitness offerings!
Staff is always seeking ideas and suggestions, please contact Senior Program staff at:
Interested in being an instructor or offering a new activity? Fill out this form today!
Tukwila Parks and Recreation
12424 42nd Avenue South
In addition to trips, enrichment programs and wellness activities Tukwila Seniors have access to the following services:
- Hyde Shuttle Transportation: Need to go shopping? Want to visit a friend? Have a doctor’s appointment? The Hyde Shuttle is a FREE van service for seniors and people with disabilities living in Tukwila. You can ride anywhere within the service area set up by Senior Services. Shuttle Service hours are Monday–Friday from 9:00am–4:00pm. Call 206-768-2822.
- Lunch Program: Each Tuesday the Social Hall at the Tukwila Community Center is transformed into the Duwamish Curve Café. In partnership with Catholic Community Services and SeaMar, Tukwila Parks and Recreation is pleased to host lunch for senior citizens each week. A small donation is suggested, lunch is served promptly at 12 noon, entertainment and dancing begins at 11:00 am.
- Meals on Wheels: Are you or someone you know homebound or having difficulty getting meals? We are part of King County’s “Meals on Wheels” program, delivering meals weekly to the homebound. Orders are taken on Mondays from 9:00–10:00am. Meals are delivered on Thursdays between 9:00–11:00am. Call 206.448.5767 for info or apply online.
- Foot Care: We contract with a health nurse to provide foot care on the third Thursday of each month. Appointment times are from 9:00am–2:30pm. Call 206.768.2822 for an appointment. $20 cash or checks accepted. Please bring your own towel.
- Volunteer Transportation: Volunteer transportation helps isolated, low-income seniors who are without other transportation options to medical and other essential medical appointments. Call seven days in advance of appointment to schedule a FREE ride. Call Senior Services (Sound Generations) at 206.448.5740.
- Backyard Wildlife Festival
- Foster Golf Links
- Online Registration
- Parks, Recreation & Open Space (PROS) Plan
- Parks & Recreation Department Operational Overview
Other Community Organizations:
- King County Library System
- Sounders FC
- Starfire Sports
- Tukwila Historical Society
- Tukwila Pool
- Tukwila School District