Have you noticed an increase in litter around your local park or trail? Tukwila Parks and Recreation needs your help to keep open spaces clean and green! Will you consider adopting a spot by committing to pitching in to pick up litter in your favorite parks.
Adopt-A-Spot is a year around partnership between Tukwila Parks and Recreation and residents, community groups, and businesses to help beautify Tukwila’s parks and trails.
Once you have adopted a spot, participated in a quick training, and received supplies, then clean-up projects can begin. Volunteers can set their own schedules for cleaning up, it can be as casual as a weekly stroll through the park. All collected litter can be put in the trash cans onsite or in a designated area. There is a short data collection for the work but otherwise, it is that simple to make a difference. The work is focused on litter clean up however depending on the volunteer light landscaping or restoration is an option.
Tukwila Parks and Recreation will provide:
- Gloves, trash pickers, and bags
- Signage posted onsite thanking you, your business, or your group.
- Safety during cleanups
- 4 clean-ups a year
- One-year (or longer) commitment
- Complete a short report after each cleanup
Not ready to Adopt-A-Spot but want to join a Community Clean-Up event?
- Volunteers come together 4-6 times a year to tackle an area in Tukwila that is in need of some community love. Stretches of the Green River trail and open green spaces can collect litter over time from humans, animals, and the wind. Once a need is identified by a community member, staff will pull together a 2-hour litter clean-up event and volunteers will tackle the area. This is a fun, low-stress way to make a big impact on the environment, watershed, and Tukwila’s wildlife. Sign up below if you would like an email when the next event is scheduled. Together we are strong!
- Sign up CLICK HERE and be notified of the next event.
Questions or want to talk about the program email TukParks@TukwilaWA.gov or call 206-767-2315, staff are looking forward to hearing from you.
Resources For Adopt-A-Spot Volunteers