- This event has passed.
November 8, 2022
You can register to vote online or by mail until 8 days before an election or in-person through Election day. Registrations done by mail need to be received, not postmarked, by the 8 day deadline.
Three ways to register
You can register online , 24 hours a day, at the Washington Secretary of State’s website.
To register online, you will need:
- A current Washington State driver license, or
- A current Washington State ID card
If you do not have either of these, you can still register by mail or in-person.
2. By mail
Download and print a voter registration form and mail it to King County Elections. Forms are available in many languages.
You can register to vote in-person at the King County Elections Office in Renton or at a Vote Center.
You can also register to vote at one of our community events.
Who can register
To register to vote in Washington, you must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- A legal resident of Washington state
- At least 18 years old by election day
- If you are 16 or 17, you can sign up as a Future Voter and be automatically registered to vote when you qualify
- Not disqualified from voting due to a court order
- Not currently serving a sentence of total confinement under the jurisdiction of the Department of Corrections for a Washington felony conviction
- Not currently incarcerated for a federal or out-of-state felony conviction
Read more about who can vote in Washington.
16 and 17 year olds can now pre-register to vote! Registrants under the age of 18 will have their registrations held until they become eligible to vote.