Tukwila Parks & Recreation
12424 42nd Avenue South
Tukwila, WA 98168
Phone: 206 768-2822
Fax: 206 768-0524
Parks and Recreation
Tukwila is home to over 150 acres of open space, twelve miles of multi-use trails, Foster Golf Links, and the Tukwila Community Center. A talented team of park and recreation professionals maintains these green spaces and organizes recreation and wellness programs, community events, and other essential services.
The mission of the Tukwila Parks and Recreation is to enhance the quality of life for residents, businesses and visitors through a quality system of public spaces, programs and events that enhance and promote opportunities for health and fitness, personal growth, relaxation, community connection, civic engagement, and environmental stewardship.
COVID-19/CORONAVIRUS PROGRAM & FACILITY CLOSURES & UPDATES
May 26, 2020: In response to the phased “Safe Start” reopening plan from Governor Inslee’s office, Tukwila Parks and Recreation Staff are pleased to share what our teams have been working on.
The health and safety of Tukwila residents, and those that work and play in Tukwila continues to be our highest priority. Staff continue to monitor guidelines provided by the Governor’s office, Public Health – Seattle & King County and the CDC regarding a phased approach to reopening. Staff have developed plans and priorities based upon when we can re-open facilities. We are currently making modifications to buildings and park facilities, as well as how we will be delivering our programs when we are able to welcome you back.
The following are OPEN:
- PARKS and TRAILS: All Tukwila parks and trails are OPEN. Certain amenities within parks are closed to support social distancing and health measures, those amenities include playgrounds and sport courts. We understand the importance parks provide for outdoor play, physical activity, and access to green space and want people to experience the physical and emotional health benefits these spaces provide. Parks and trails remain open for walking, running, biking, and nature experiences. When visiting parks and trails please leave them in better condition then you found them and please visit responsibly by following social distancing and public health recommendations to limit the spread of Covid-19.
- FOSTER GOLF LINKS: Foster Golf Links are open. Several health and safety measures have been implemented and visitors are highly encouraged to book tee times in advance by visiting www.FosterGolfLinks.com in advance.
The following are MODIFIED or CLOSED:
- Tukwila Community Center (TCC):
- Facility Rentals: Staff are eager to offer facility rentals as soon as it is deemed safe to provide space for community gatherings. At this time, new facility rentals are not being accepted.
- Fitness and Wellness Activities: All fitness passes and memberships have been placed on “hold.” Staff anticipate a modified offering once King County is permitted to offer activities during Phase III.
- Senior Programs: While many senior programs are cancelled, staff are offering meal service to Tukwila older adults in need of meals. Please email: ParksRec@TukwilaWA.gov for more information or call 206-768-2822
- Youth and Teen Programs: As of this writing, 5/26/2020, staff are awaiting further direction regarding summer camp programs. As soon as further information is available staff will share with past participants and reach out to potential future participants.
- Community Events: As of 5/26/2020 all events have been cancelled for the summer. Due to budget reductions and the need to limit social gathering, Tukwila Parks and Recreation have made the tough decision to cancel the 2020 See You in the Park neighborhood event series, Touch A Truck, and Backyard Wildlife Festival.
COMING SOON: Staff are actively preparing family, youth, teen, and senior programs and wellness activities to help connect residents and keep people feeling emotionally and physically healthy. Please check back often for updates.
STAY CONNECTED: Tukwila Parks and Recreation staff are here to help, many staff are working virtually and look forward to connecting with current, past, and new patrons – We MISS YOU!
- Contact us at ParksRec@TukwilaWa.gov
- Facebook & Instagram: @TukwilaParks Follow the TPR Facebook page for daily virtual activities, movement and fun!
- Join a Facebook Group to connect with your TPR friends and stay motivated:
- Let’s Move, # Tukwila: Daily fitness classes, tips, and inspiration.
- Tukwila Senior and Older Adult Fitness: Health activities online w/ friends.
- Green Tukwila: Help Tukwila’s parks stay healthy and green.
- The Arts in Tukwila: Connect with Tukwila’s up and coming art scene.
- Senior Adult Volleyball: Stay in touch w/ Tukwila’s volleyball enthusiasts.