Contact Information:

Tukwila Police Department
15005 Tukwila International Blvd.
Tukwila, WA 98188

Business Calls: 206 433-1808
Anonymous Tips: 206 431-3689
Fax: 206 244-6181
Emergencies: Dial 911

Facebook Icon

Police Department Services

The Tukwila Police Department lobby is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Property pick up and new Concealed Pistol Licenses are issued by appointment only.

  • Please call (206) 433-1824 to schedule Property pick up.
  • Please call (206) 433-1808 to schedule a Concealed Pistol License appointment.


The Tukwila Police Department is located at 15005 Tukwila International Blvd, Tukwila WA 98188.  View parking and entrance information.


911 & Dispatch

This service is provided to the Tukwila Police Department by Valley Communications Center.

Non-emergency line: (206) 241-2121

Accident Reports

Obtaining a Copy of an Accident Report

To request a stand-alone Traffic Collision Report for an accident you were involved in,  click here


Need Help Locating Your Traffic Collision Report?

If you were in an accident and need help locating your report, please visit, under  Hot Topics  select  WRECR-Collision Record Request.

If you have difficulties with your request and need to contact the Washington State Patrol, they can be reached via phone, email or on the web where there is an FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) box and help box at the top of the home page to assist you in making your request.

Phone: (360) 570-2355



Clearance Letters

EFFECTIVE 06/01/2018

The Tukwila Police Department will no longer process requests for Clearance Letters.

If you require a police clearance or background check, please go to the Washington State Patrol website at:   Under “I want to” select Request Your Criminal History Record”   and follow the prompts to pay for and obtain a Washington State Criminal History record.

If you are seeking  police reports  specific to arrests or contact with Tukwila Police Department, you may submit a Public Disclosure Request online.


Concealed Pistol License

This page provides information about Concealed Pistol Licenses, with regards to:

  • Applying for an Original Concealed Pistol License
  • Concealed Pistol Licenses for Out-of-State residents
  • Renewing a Concealed Pistol License
  • Replacing a Concealed Pistol License

If you believe you meet the eligibility criteria, you must call (206) 433-1808 to schedule an appointment.

The application process for a Concealed Pistol License typically takes about 30-60 minutes to complete, including fingerprinting when applicable. To apply for a concealed pistol license with our agency the following are required:

  • You must be 21 years of age, or older.
  • You must be a citizen of the United States, or a permanent resident alien.
  • If you are a permanent resident, you must provide your original Immigration issued Permanent Resident Card at time of application
  • You must live in the City of Tukwila.
  • You must have a current Driver’s License or State ID issued by Washington State or any other state.
  • If you have a Driver’s License or State ID issued by a state other than Washington, there will be a 60 day wait for an original application.
  • The waiting period to receive an Original Concealed Pistol License is 30 to 60 days, and licenses will be mailed.


  • Original License – $49.25
  • Renewal License – $32
  • Late Renewal License – $42
  • Replacement License – $10

At this time we are only accepting payment by credit/debit card or personal check.


Renewing a CPL

You may apply to renew a license up to 90 days prior to its expiration date. If your license is between one and 90 days past expiration, you may submit a Late Renewal Application. Any license which is expired by more than 90 days cannot be renewed; an application for an Original License would be required. Military personnel who were unable to renew on time as a result of out-of-state deployment/assignment may qualify for an exemption to the 90-day renewal time limit. Applicants must apply within 90 days of returning to Washington state and provide proof of deployment/assignment dates.


Receiving Your CPL

If your application is approved, Tukwila Police Department will mail your CPL to you.

If your application is denied, you will receive a letter informing you of the reason(s) for denial along with information on how to appeal the denial. If you have lost your firearm rights, you may petition the court of record where you reside or where the conviction occurred for the restoration of your rights. Out-of-state convictions are more complex when it comes to restoration of your rights; you may wish to consult an attorney for advice or assistance. Tukwila Police Department personnel cannot offer legal advice.

Evidence and Safekeeping

Return of Property

Property is released by appointment only.   Please allow up to 5 business days for the Evidence Division to research and respond to your request.   Not all property may be released pursuant to state or federal law, or department policy and you may be asked to provide proof of ownership.   Valid photo ID is required for all property releases.   Please contact the Evidence Division at 206-433-1824 to confirm that the Tukwila Police Department has property in our custody that can be released; if no Evidence Staff is available, please leave a message and we will return your call; or fill out an evidence release form and email it to the Evidence Division at ; please note:

  • If someone other than the owner is pickup the property, the Evidence Division must have written notarized authorization from the property owner, which should include the name and phone number of the designee receiving the item(s)
  • If the property owner is incarcerated, he/she may send a letter from the correctional facility authorizing the release of their property, which should include the name and phone number of the designee receiving the item(s)
  • If you have received notification from the Tukwila Police Department that your property is currently being held, failure to retrieve the items withing 60 days may result in its destruction, sale at auction, donation, or retention as department property


Public fingerprinting services are available on Tuesdays and Thursdays between the hours of 2:00-3:30 p.m.

City of Tukwila residents cost is $5.
Non-residents cost is $15.

Please bring your own fingerprinting card.  If you need a fingerprinting card, please visit the Washington State Patrol office at 15666 Pacific Hwy, Tukwila, WA 98188.

Firearms Dealer License

By law, you must have a firearms dealer license if you:

  • Are engaged in the business of selling firearms at wholesale or retail.
  • Have or are required to have a federal firearms license under 18 U.S.C. Sec. 923(a).



To apply for a Washington State firearms dealer license, you must apply in-person by calling (206) 433-1808 to schedule an appointment. You must bring:

  • A check or money order made payable to the Washington State Treasury in the amount of  $125
  • A copy of your current Federal Firearms License
  • A copy of your current Washington State Master Business License (the address  mustmatch the location of the firearms dealer)
  • A completed State of Washington  Firearms Dealer License Application
  • A valid Washington State Driver License or Washington State I.D., and be a resident of Washington for at least 90 days

Applicants will also need to complete an additional form (available at our office) and be fingerprinted at the time the application is submitted.

More information about requirements and the process are available on the Washington State  Department of Licensing website.

The Tukwila Police Department processes  Firearms Dealer Licenses  for firearms businesses located in the City of Tukwila. We do not take appointments for this service, and process applicants on a first come, first served basis.

As part of the application process, you will be fingerprinted. There is also a 30 day waiting period to complete the criminal history background check before the license is issued. The license will be mailed to you.



There is  no renewal  for a Firearms Dealer License. A new application  must be submitted each year, and you must be fingerprinted and undergo a background check with each application.

Note:  Be sure to submit your application more than 30 days before the expiration of your current license to ensure you receive your new license before the current one expires.

For questions regarding Firearms Dealer Licenses, please see:

Online Reporting

Fill out a report online using the Tukwila Police Department Online Reporting System. Using this online reporting system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free.

Police Department Feedback

Records Request

Use the Records Request Center portal to find answers to frequently asked questions, submit a request under the  Washington Public Records Act, and track the progress of those requests.

Victim Advocate Contact Information

Our victim advocate assists those who are victimized in the City of Tukwila with safety planning, crisis intervention and emotional support. The advocate can connect victims to resources that may assist with housing, crime victim compensation, therapy, support groups, legal services, etc. The advocate also assists victims going through the court process. This includes appearing in court for important hearings to provide support, assisting with no contact order modification requests, assistance with submitting a victim impact statement, speaking on behalf of the victim, and facilitating contact with the prosecutor.

Other Resources:

  • Washington State Domestic Violence Hotline (24 hour): 1-800-562-6025
  • Peace in the Home Hotline for Non-English Speaking Women (24 hour, domestic violence): 1-888-847-7205
  • King County Sexual Assault Resource Center (24 hour): 1-888-998-6423
  • Victim Support Services (24 hour, all crimes that are not domestic violence or sexual assault): 1-888-288-9221
  • If you are a victim of domestic violence and need help filing a protection order, contact the King County Protection Order Advocates: 206-477-3758

Your Rights as a Victim: