Code enforcement responds to complaints from citizens regarding conditions on private property, both residential and commercial. Officers investigate the complaints to verify the violations and then contact the property owner about the violations, setting a deadline for compliance.
Junk vehicles, uncontained garbage and debris, illegal signs, roosters, construction without permits, and overgrowth are some of the common complaints received and investigated by Code Enforcement.
Generally speaking, property owners are allowed at least two weeks to comply, and extensions may be offered upon request based on the magnitude of the problem and the owner’s demonstrated willingness to resolve the violation.
There are multiple ways to contact Code Enforcement:
- Online Request for Action
- By email: CodeEnforcement@tukwilawa.gov
- By telephone: 206-431-3671
- By mail or In Person: 6300 Southcenter Blvd, Ste 100/Tukwila, WA 98188
Complainants can remain anonymous.
Some violations are not handled by Code Enforcement:
- Dogs/cats – Animal Care and Control 206-296-PETS (7387)
- Smoke from wood stoves, odor complaints – Puget Sound Clean Air Agency or 800-552-3565
- Illegal burning, noise complaints, vehicles parked on the street – Tukwila Police via 911