6300 Southcenter Blvd., #100
Tukwila, WA 98188
Phone: 206 431-3670
Fax: 206 431-3665
Special Event Permits
APPLY FOR A SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT
Special Event applications are now submitted and processed via the Permit Center’s online permitting system.
Use the link below to access the City’s main permitting page:
REQUIRED SUBMITTAL DOCUMENTS WHEN APPLYING FOR A SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT
- A completed Special Event Application
- Available here: Special Event Application (you will need to download and save the form before filling it out)
- SITE MAP to show the layout of the event with the following:
- North, indicated by a directional arrow symbol
- Name of the venue, surrounding streets, and intersections (each is labeled)
- The overall event area or route, including any requested street closures or reserved parking, and vendor load-in/out areas
- The location and dimensions of physical equipment/ structures to be placed. This includes a stage(s), vendors, vehicles, food trucks, hand washing stations, tents, signs, barricades, shelters, banners, inflatables, balloon arches, portable toilets, fencing, etc.
- Electrical plans for vendors and stages must be clearly marked and labeled indicating generators, outlets, spider boxes, cord covers for all pathway crossings
- The location of adjacent buildings and Fire Lanes in relation to where the event is located
- A key or legend on the map that defines all symbols or abbreviations
- Provide a copy of the Event Flyer / Brochure / Invitation (if applicable)
- When applicable, a Traffic Control Plan is required for all walking, running, cycling, or racing events using public roads or trails.
- This plan is developed by the applicant to identify and mitigate any traffic and parking impacts caused by the event. It is also used to propose vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian route detours.
- A signed authorization from the Property Owner, allowing the event to take place on their property
- Additional information may be required after the application is reviewed
All documents need to be PDF
WHEN IS A SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT REQUIRED
The Special Event Permit is for temporary events held on private property that are not part of the permanent and daily routine of the business such as; festivals, sidewalk/parking lot sales; gatherings or events such as musical performances with amplified music / amplified speaking; events with vendors, etc.
It is also used for events that may require the closing of a city street, right-of-way, or trail such as a block party, organized walk /run or bike ride event, etc.
For events that will be held at City facilities (Tukwila Community Center, City Parks/Shelters) such as weddings, group parties, meetings, or picnics/parties please contact Tukwila Parks and Recreation Rental Office at 206-767-2322
$400.00 plus any required Fire Department permits
If it is determined that the event requires additional City resources beyond the normal scope of City business, additional fees for those required resources/staff will be assessed.