6300 Southcenter Blvd., #100
Tukwila, WA 98188
Phone: 206 431-3670
Fax: 206 431-3665
The Permit Center section of the website is still under construction. If you cannot find the information you are looking for, please contact the Permit Center at 206 431-3670
The Permit Center coordinates the review of various permits, including building and mechanical permits. At the Permit Center, you will find staff available from the Building Division, Planning Division and Public Works Department to assist you with your development proposal and questions that you may have. No appointment is necessary.
Permit Center Hours
The Permit Center hours are 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday, excluding holidays. All building, mechanical, plumbing/gas piping and electrical permits will be accepted and/or issued between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Public Works Permits and Land Use Permits will also be accepted during this time.
eTrakit Online Permitting Now Available
eTRAKiT is a new on-line portal that will allow you to view multiple items including permits, projects, contractors, properties, inspections, violations and provide citizen input.
- Permit Center Fee Schedule
(Building, Mechanical, Plumbing/Gas Piping and Electrical)
- Public Works Permit Fee Schedule
- Land Use Applications and Fee Schedule
Frequently Requested Forms
- Construction Permit Application
- Combination Permit Application – New Single Family
- Electrical Permit Application
- How To Schedule a Permit Inspection
- Mechanical Permit Application
- Plumbing/Gas Piping Permit Application
- Public Works Fee Estimate Worksheet
- Public Works Permit Application
- Permanent Sign Application
- Revision Submittal Form
- Temporary Sign Application
Building Permits Overview
The role of the Building Division is to safeguard health, safety, property and public welfare through the enforcement of the Washington State Building Code and related codes.
Effective enforcement and clear building regulations are necessary to ensure building safety. The Division’s work ensures that buildings are designed and constructed to be structurally stable, have adequate entrances and exits, provide sufficient light and ventilation, and meet an acceptable level of health, life and safety protection.
Permit Process Overview
The following process is required for a variety of construction, alteration, and demolition activities of buildings or structures.
- Permit applications for building construction, alterations, electrical, and mechanical equipment work may be submitted at the City of Tukwila Permit Center located at 6300 Southcenter Boulevard, Suite 100 between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Appointments are not necessary.
- Applicable city departments review the permit application, with its accompanying plans and specifications. The plan review staff for each department determine if the proposed construction will meet the standards of their respective chapters of the Tukwila Municipal Code. Corrections or clarifications may be required to the application documents. Following approval by each department, a building permit is issued by the Permit Center.
- After the permit is issued, construction may begin. A prescribed schedule of inspections, which is attached to each permit, must occur throughout the construction process. The required inspections ensure that the work proceeds according to approved plans. Scheduling an inspection is required and is the builders responsibility.
- When the construction is completed, a final inspection is required before a building or space can be occupied. A Building Division Inspector will conduct the final inspection. The Inspector will confirm that all affected City, County, and State departments or agencies have approved and signed-off on their requirements. Lastly, the inspector will determine that the life, health, and property protections are provided for the occupancy or use.
The City of Tukwila administers and enforces the following codes:
- The Washington State Building Code, which includes the International Building Code, International Residential Code, International Mechanical Code, International Fire Code, Uniform Plumbing Code, and each of the related standards and State Amendments.
- The Washington State Energy Code
- The Washington State Indoor Air Quality Code
- Building Footprint
- Accessory Dwelling Units
- Weltand & Watercourse Studies
- Public Notice Mailing Specs
- Public Notice Sign Specs
- Residential Short Plat Summary
Permit Activity Reports
2016 Permit Activity Reports
|Permits Issued with Fees, Values and Addresses||Permits Issued with Contacts|
|January 16, 2016 thru January 31, 2016||January 16, 2016 thru January 31, 2016|
|January 1, 2016 thru January 15, 2016||January 1, 2016 thru January 15, 2016|
2015 Permit Activity Reports