City of Tukwila Emergency Management
15005 Tukwila International Blvd
Tukwila, WA 98188
Phone: 206 971-8750
Make a Plan
It’s never too late to start making a plan. When an emergency happens, having a plan will help you keep calm and the take the right actions.
Take these Steps to start putting your plan together:
STEP 1 –Start the Conversation
- Talk with your friends, family, and people you live with about emergency preparedness. Together, work through these questions:
- How will we receive emergency communications and alerts?
- What is our shelter plan?
- What is our evacuation plan?
- What is our communication plan?
STEP 2 –Consider You or Your Families Specific Needs
Consider the specific needs of your household and what you might be helpful to have to address those needs. Below are some of the specific needs that you ma want to think about:
- Languages Spoken
- Pets and/or Service Animals
- Dietary and medical needs
- Cultural and religious needs
- Access and Functional Needs
- Responsibility for assisting others
- Households with infants or school-aged children
STEP 3 –Record Your Plan
Find a way to document your plan. Writing it down, recording it or typing it out and keeping your file in a safe, accessible space will help you remember what to do during an emergency.
STEP 4 –Practice Your Plan
Practice makes perfect! Test your plan so that you can identify the weaknesses and gaps in your plan and make the necessary changes before an emergency happens. Test your plan periodically for changes that might affect your plan. Don’t forget that different times of day and year might affect your plan!