Tukwila Community Leadership Initiative
Are you committed to improving your Tukwila Community?
Would you like to learn more about how local government works and decisions are made?
Ask about the
TUKWILA COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP INITIATIVE (TCLI)
Through learning, community-building, and understanding how local government impacts your community, you will be able to advocate for change that helps all Tukwila communities thrive.
To elevate, develop and support Tukwila community leaders. This program will incorporate a shared holistic approach, consisting of discussions of real-world lived experiences among Tukwila’s diverse community members. The program will provide the necessary tools to understand City services, policies and programs with an emphasis on professional and personal advocacy.
TCLI MISSION STATEMENT
The City of Tukwila Community Leadership Initiative (TCLI) program is a community-led program – supported by the City of Tukwila – to increase and build upon existing and future leaders in civic engagement, City services, policies and programs. We lead with an equity lens and embrace inclusivity for the betterment of Tukwila’s diverse community.
TCLI TIME COMMITMENT
Attend a 7-week program (1 Orientation plus 6 Engagement Sessions), 2 hours per week beginning October 2023; dates and times to be determined based on participants’ availability
TCLI PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
- Live, worship or work in the City of Tukwila
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Must not be running for, or currently serving in, a political office
- Sign the City of Tukwila’s gift card documentation to receive compensation
- Attend the orientation and each session to receive a certificate of completion
- Complete a survey following each session. The survey helps to measure success and informs the program.
- Increased understanding of complex City projects, programs and services.
- Increased civic involvement in community groups and/or local government.
- Increased sense of inclusion and belonging.
Step 1: Contact the Inclusion & Engagement Manager
Step 2: Complete an Application
Step 3: Attend an Orientation – Meal Provided/Family Welcomed
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO APPLY
Over-the-phone language interpretation available on request. Call, text or email the Inclusion & Engagement Manager, Jo Anderson at 206-658-7849 or Jo.Anderson@TukwilaWA.gov