Public Notice and Participation
Most land use applications require that notice be given to the public about the proposed land use application. The notice allows the public to comment on the proposal. Public notice is not typically required for a construction permit, unless the permit includes review under the State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA).
Notice can include a public information sign posted near the project site, notice by mail to owners within 500 feet of the proposal, a notice published in local newspapers, and the city’s Weekly Permit Bulletin. Not every land use proposal requires a public notice sign to be posted.
Weekly Permit Bulletins and Notice for Public Comments
Each week Project Managers post required public notices here. See below for active and past project notices.
To attend the 2023 Comprehensive Plan/Zoning Map amendment hearings on Monday, November 6th and review agenda items, please visit the City Council Events Calendar. Information including location and attendance options (virtual, call-in, in-person) is provided on the site.
- L19-0123 Rezone at 6250 S151st St (3597000400)
- L21-0145 Rezone at 14000 Interurban Ave S
- L22-0127 Rezone at 13536 52nd Ave S (0003000005)
- L22-0137 Rezone at 6250 S 153rd St (3597000341)
Land Use Notices
- L22-0058 REASONABLE USE EXCEPTION, L22-0063 VARIANCE at 13041 33RD AVE S (7359600473). Meeting Scheduled September 6th, 2023
- L22-0137 COMP PLAN/REZONE, E23-0005 SEPA at 6250 S 153 ST (3597000341). Meeting Scheduled May 17th, 2023
- PL23-0003: COMP PLAN/REZONE (L23-0127), SEPA (E23-0003) at 13536 52nd Ave S (0003000005). Meeting Scheduled May 23rd, 2023
- PL23-0001: Design Review (L23-0004), Special Permission – Critical Area (L22-0132, L22-0133) at 10811 4th Ave S. Comments due March 24, 2023
- L19-0123: Comprehensive Plan Amendment/Rezone from LDR to MDR at 6250 S 151st St. Comment period: 1/30/2023-2/21/2023
- L22-0017: Shoreline Tree Permit at 6350 S 143rd St. Comment period: 12/13-12/27.
Public Notice Signs and Templates
Signs are posted at certain project sites, informing the public of proposed land use actions and comment periods, please see the handout below for more information.
Online Permit Review and Status
To view attachments related to a proposed project please visit the Permit Center to access the City’s online portals.
Planning Commission and City Council Public Meetings
Public Records Requests
Public records will be made available for inspection based upon a mutually agreed upon schedule by City staff and the requester. Please visit the Public Records Request page for more information.