BIKING IN TUKWILAwp_posts
Why should you bike in Tukwila?
Tukwila is a great city to ride your bikes in. It has everything you need whether you are an amateur or a professional biker. Trails, hills, and beautiful scenery are just the tip of the iceberg.
Sample bike routes in Tukwila:
The following videos demonstrate biking tips such as how to change and fix a flat tire , how to properly wear your helmet and how to change gear like a pro.
Why biking is good for your health and the reasons to bike commute:
- Increased calories burned
- Increased balance and flexibility
- Increased cardiovascular fitness
- It is vastly cheaper than driving
- You’ll never have to worry about a parking spot again
- It would make cycling safer for everyone (Much unlike cars, the more bicycles on the road, the safer it becomes for cyclists, research shows)
- Cascade Bikes
- Washington Bikes
- Bike-Friendly Washington: Communities, businesses, and universities in Washington state that have earned the Bicycle-Friendly designation from the League of American Bicyclists
- Bike Clubs in Washington: Looking for a club/team to ride with? Check out WA Bikes’ Bike Clubs in Washington State page!
- Bike Maps in Washington: Plan your bike commute, trip to a local park, or your next adventure on two wheels with the resources on WA Bikes’ Bike Maps page!
Thanks to our 2017 summer High School Intern, Mohamed, for putting this page together and leading our LimeBike ride!