6300 Southcenter Blvd.,
Tukwila, WA 98188
Phone: 206 433-0179
Fax: 206 431-3665
Southcenter Pedestrian Bridge
Construction of an approximately 350 foot-long pedestrian bridge over the Green River, with associated approaches, all within the City of Tukwila. Specific Tasks include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Construction of a steel, twin-tied arch pedestrian bridge and associated concrete approach structures
- Removing and replacing concrete curbs, sidewalks and ramps
- Providing all necessary traffic control labor and devices
- Providing temporary erosion/water pollution control
- Relocation and adjustment of existing utilities
- Installation of junction boxes, bridge lighting and trail lighting
For the week of 8-15-16, construction work began 8/15/16 with surveying, clearing and grubbing, and installing silt fence & high visibility fencing. Next week, the Contractor will start the abatement work for the house along West Valley Hwy. The house demolition permit is being processed by the City.
For the week of 8-22-16, the Contractor built a construction entrance and put down crushed rocks on the pathway to the west side bridge end. Silt fence & high visibility fence (HVF) were continued to be installed, including using HVF to protect the trees to remain. The rebar cage for Pier 2 was started to be put together on site.
On 8-29-16, the house off West Valley Highway was demolished.