Contact The Council:
Tukwila City Council
6200 Southcenter Blvd.
Tukwila, WA 98188
Councilmember Kate Kruller
Council Position No. 6
Time on the Council: Elected in November 2011.
Education and Profession: Kate currently works as an Information Technology Manager. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications, a Master of Business Administration degree in Engineering/Technology Management and a Project Management Professional credential from the Project Management Institute.
Additional Information: Kate has lived and worked in Tukwila for many years and became a homeowner in the community in 1992. She has also experienced unique opportunities to live and work in the world community – first as a media relations emissary working to improve eye care in developing countries with ORBIS International, and again in the international business and trade space under the auspices of the Washington Council on International Trade.
Hobbies: Bicycling, sailing, hiking/camping, swimming, traveling, volunteering, amateur radio, along with exploring our beautiful green spaces and waterways with her Golden Retriever,”Wila.”
- Chair – Tukwila City Council Finance & Governance Committee
- Tukwila City Council Transportation & Infrastructure Services Committee
- Puget Sound Regional Fire Authority Annexation Oversight Committee and PSRFA Advisory Board Alternate
- Cascade Water Alliance Alternate for the Mayor
- National League of Cities (NLC) Board of Directors
- NLC Board Federal Advocacy Committee
- Chair – NLC Transportation and Infrastructure Services Federal Advocacy Committee
- NLC General Assembly Voting Delegate (representing Tukwila/AWC for 12 years)
- Association of Washington Cities (AWC) Federal Advocacy Committee
- Puget Sound Partners/Ecosystem Coordination Board (representing AWC and all cities in Washington State)
- Sound Cities Association (SCA) – Public Issues Committee
- Puget Sound Regional Council (PRSC) – Transportation Policy Board (representing SCA and other cities in King County)
- PRSC General Assembly (representing Tukwila)
- SCA Nominating Committee
- Leadership Advisory Committee for King County & Seattle Regional Gun Violence Program
- King County Cities Climate Collaboration (K4C) Tukwila representative
- Intergovernmental Taskforce on Asylum Seekers (local public officials)
- Tukwila Children’s Foundation Board, Riverton Park Village Community Advisory Committee (Tiny Houses), SeaTac/Tukwila Rotary Club, Tukwila Emergency Communications Team (TEC Team), Community Emergency Response team (CERT), Friends of Duwamish working at the Duwamish Preserve, Friends of Tukwila Library Committee, Tukwila Historical Society, Project Management Institute (PMI) – Puget Sound Chapter/PMP Credentials Committee/ Instructor, Seattle Southside Chamber of Commerce.
Cell Phone: 206-678-7885