- This event has passed.
SnackPack Stuff the Bus
February 25, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Let NO child go hungry in Tukwila!
STUFF THE BUS, a community food drive to benefit the Tukwila Weekend SnackPack Program.
10 am to 2 pm, Saturday, Feb 25
Target in Southcenter, Tukwila
Many of our families struggle with hunger, and this is especially true during weekends and holidays when students cannot access free school meals. The Weekend SnackPack Program helps ensure no child goes hungry by providing students without stable housing a backpack full of nutritious food at the beginning of each weekend and school break. The program feeds more than 100 students each weekend/break, and food supplies are critically needed to meet the demand. Please help!
Here is the shopping list of most-needed items (please read labels carefully: no pork products, no foods with gelatin, and no foods with peanuts or made in facilities that process peanuts):
- Top Ramen (NO PORK)
- Nissin Cup of Noodles (NO PORK)
- Western Family Mac and Cheese cups
- SnackPack Pudding
- Pop Tarts (NO GELATIN)
- Nutrigrain Fruit Bars
- Happy Squeeze Fruit
- Fresh fruit (apples and oranges, November through May only)
- Western Family fruit snacks (six pack)
- Western Family apple sauce (six cup)
- Western Family Fruit on the Go
- Go Go Squeeze Fruit
- Fruit drinks
- Western Family OJ cans (six pack)
- Bottled water
- General Mills and Kelloggs variety pack cereals
- Keelber Club Crackers, cheddar and cheese
- Bumble Bee tuna snacks
- Pepperidge Farm Goldfish
- Cookies (NO PEANUTS)
- Microwave popcorn
Thank you for your generous support!