- This event has passed.
2023 Candidate Filing by Mail Begins
May 1 @ 4:30 pm
2023 CANDIDATE FILING
Monday, May 1 through Friday, May 19, 4:30 p.m., regardless of postmark
- IN PERSON:
Monday, May 15 from 8:30 a.m. through Friday, May 19 at 4:30 p.m.
Monday, May 15 from 9:00 a.m. through Friday, May 19 at 4:00 p.m.
- DEADLINE TO WITHDRAW CANDIDANCY
Monday, May 22 at 4:30 p.m.
Click here to print the timeline and information: 2023 Election and Campaign Filing Information
To become a candidate, you must complete and file a Declaration of Candidacy, meet the qualifications for the office at the time of filing, and be registered to vote in the district. Read the Candidate Manual for more information.
- Candidate Manual
- Offices Subject to Election
- Campaign contribution limits for King County offices
- Best practices for unofficial ballot printing stations & temporary drop boxes
- Political sign regulations (King County)
- Political sign regulations (WSDOT)
- Public Disclosure Commission requirements
- Seattle candidate information:
Subscribe to candidate notifications
Subscribe to alerts for candidates, campaign managers, and others interested in running for office. Includes notices about campaign filing, deadlines, etc.