- This event has passed.
America Recycles Day
November 15 @ 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
|November 15th is America Recycles Day – Keep America Beautiful Program
This is a great time to be sure you are a “Recycling Expert” on what can go in your regular recycling cart, as well as local locations where you can recycle specialty items. Here are quick resources to help you “Recycle Right.”
· Current list of recyclables for your cart: Take a moment to review the current list of what can be placed in your recycling cart. Remember, items should be empty, dry, and loose. Please do not bag recyclables. Learn more at: Wmnorthwest.com/Tukwila
· Tukwila specific events and announcements: Visit Tukwilawa.gov and search for “Recycling” to find out about current events.
· Where to take unusual items: King County’s “What Do I Do With” website provides a listing of where to take unusual items including batteries, carpet and mattresses for disposal or recycling.
· Where to take hazardous materials that are banned from the garbage: For help with identifying which items are hazardous and what to do with them, visit: https://kingcountyhazwastewa.gov. Drop off is easy and free. Remember never mix products. Bring them in their original bottles to the South Seattle site at 8100 2nd Ave. South in Seattle. They are open Thursday- Saturday 9AM-4:30PM.
· Specialty recycling sites: The following sites are for specific products.
· Paint recycling: paintcare.org
· Medicine take back: med-project.org
· Plastic bags: plasticfilmrecycling.org