- This event has passed.
Duwamish River Steward Info Session with EarthCorps
March 1, 2017 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Want to dig deeper as an EarthCorps volunteer? Become a Puget Sound Steward!
This info session is for those interested in becoming Puget Sound Stewards along the Duwamish River.
Puget Sound Stewards are committed volunteers of all ages who are trained in the management of nearshore restoration sites, and work to ensure their success. EarthCorps deploys teams of Stewards to sites along estuaries, rivers and beaches in the cities of Seattle, Tukwila, Edmonds, and Everett.
Puget Sound Stewards help EarthCorps run restoration events, monitor plant growth, adapt management plans, and educate the community. EarthCorps provides the education and resources to support Stewards in their role.
As a Puget Sound Steward you will:
- Get connected to others who are passionate about restoring land to improve the health of Puget Sound
- Learn from restoration experts about native and non-native plant identification, monitoring methodology, maintenance techniques, volunteer management and site histories
- Make a tangible difference in restoring Puget Sound
- Practice your public speaking and leadership skills by leading groups of community volunteers
Puget Sound Stewards are asked to:
- Attend an info session in March
- Attend three subsequent field trainings (March – April)
- Adopt one of the EarthCorps-managed restoration sites
- Donate 25 additional volunteer hours throughout the year
Sign up for an info session to learn more about the program, meet the program manager and ask questions so you can decide if you want to join our next cohort of stewards!
Sign Up Number of volunteer positions available: 12
Contact email@example.com or (206) 322-9296 x 204 for more information.