- This event has passed.
Free Basketball and Community Festival
September 17 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
YOU GOT NEXT: BASKETBALL & COMMUNITY FESTIVAL
Tukwila Families! Come join the “You Got Next TUKWILA! – Basketball & Community Festival”
This is a FREE event!
Each youth that is registered for event will receive a free t-shirt and basketball. Registration required for each youth participant. – Register HERE!
About this event
Come join us for a basketball and community festival sponsored by the King County Play Equity Coalition and the Seattle Sports Commission. This event will be a day of family fun centered around the opportunity to participate in various forms of basketball programming and engage with local community-based organizations.
Who: Ages 5+. All youth and families invited.
- There will be different programming options based on current level of basketball experience. No previous basketball experience required.
- Youth with physical disabilities and intellectual disabilities are invited to attend and participate in unified programming. Special Olympics Washington and Seattle Adaptive Sports will be present at the event.
When: Saturday September 17 from 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Where: Tukwila Community Center, 12424 42nd Avenue South
Types of basketball programming throughout day: free play courts, pickup courts, skills clinics, skill competitions, 3×3 tournament (free to participate but additional registration required)
More Event Details:
- Middle & High School 3×3 tournament: Must register to participate!
- Food Trucks, Giveaways, Community Resource Fair, Entertainment
- Youth skills challenges and development opportunities.
- Free play and more!
- Covid-19 Vaccinations
- Chalk Art
- Skate Park Open
Have questions? / Need more information? / Want to volunteer or have your organization participate?
- Email Sports@TukwilaWa.gov or call (206) 768-2822
- Specific Questions about the 3×3 Tourney can be directed to email@example.com
- Event Flyer