- This event has passed.
Free BECU Shred & e-Cycle for Members
October 22, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
For BECU Members Only
Our free Shred Event is back again this fall! Reduce your carbon footprint and clear your clutter at a Shred Event in Tukwila, Federal Way, Everett or Spokane. We’ll also collect cash and nonperishable donations to support a non-profit in your neighborhood.
All events will run from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., and we’ll shred until the trucks are full.
Main event highlights
- Paper documents are a common source of identity theft. Bring up to three grocery bags of sensitive documents for us to shred at no cost to you.
- You may also bring old TVs, desktop computers, computer monitors, laptops and cellphones for safe disposal. A small recycle fee may apply to some electronic items including printers and VCRs.
- Bring cash and nonperishable donations to support neighbors in need. We’ll donate your donations to a nonprofit in your neighborhood.
- In collaboration with Bike Works, our Tukwila location will accept bike donations that will be refurbished for children and adults in need.
- Tukwila attendees will also have an exclusive opportunity to test drive electric vehicles that will be featured on site!*
Fun fact: Electric cars use 90% of their battery’s energy to transfer power to the car – compared to a range of 14% – 26% for gas-powered vehicles. We’re giving Tukwila Shred Event attendees a chance to test-drive electric vehicles that will be featured on-site.
*Electric vehicles will be featured on-site in partnership with The Washington State Auto Association.
BECU Tukwila Financial Center
Saturday, Oct. 22
9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
12770 Gateway Drive
Tukwila, WA 98168
Your donations will go to the Tukwila Pantry Food bank.
BECU employees are on-site during the event to help members shred, e-Cycle and submit donations. Documents will be destroyed by Shred-it, a professional document destruction service with a mobile shredding unit.
For additional details regarding the electronic recycling service, visit E-waste.
*A small fee recycle fee may apply to other electronic items such as printers or VCRs.