- This event has passed.
FREE Section 8 Lottery Application Assistance
April 14, 2017 @ 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Computer Lab Application Assistance
KCHA has partnered with Cowlitz Tribal Health Services and Highline College to offer computer labs so that families without internet access can still apply. During these computer lab sessions, KCHA will have staff present to help families navigate the application process and answer questions that may arise.
Highline College – Building 30, room 311 2400 S 240th St, Des Moines, WA 98198
APRIL 11 – 4 pm – 7 pm
APRIL 13 – 3:30 pm – 6:30 pm
Cowlitz Tribal Health Services – 15455 65th Ave S, Tukwila, WA 98188
** Raffle! Food! Child care! For more info contact: Amanda Norberg (206) 721-5170 ext: 2328
APRIL 14 – 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE BY ACCESSING THE KCHA WEBSITE AT WWW.KCHA.ORG
- STARTING WEDNESDAY APRIL 5 at 12:01 am through TUESDAY APRIL 18 at 4:00 pm.
- Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions section at King County Housing Authority Section 8 Waiting List FAQs for further information.
- There is NO advantage to submitting an application on the first day.
- Only one application per household will be accepted.
- After April 18th, a DRAWING will be held to determine random placement on the waiting list. Only the first 3,500 names drawn will receive a place on waiting list
- Eligibility- applicants must meet all the following qualifications in order to be eligible:
- Head of household must be over 18 years of age.
- Household must contain at least one member who is disabled; or at least 62 years old; or under 18 years of age.
- The household must be low-income.
- The household must make less than 30% of the area median income (please refer to King County Housing Authority > Find a Home > Subsidized Housing > Eligibility for a detailed chart); or be homeless; or be living in substandard housing; or be paying more than 50% of income for rent and utilities.
- Generally, the household cannot currently be living in government subsidized housing.
- FRAUD WARNING: Agencies requesting a fee to assist you in applying are fraudulent. The application process is free and should only be accessed through our website. Please do not pay any agency who advertises guaranteed placement on the waiting list. Should you discover such an agency, please contact the King County Housing Authority Fraud Department at 206-214-1353.