Pursuant to Tukwila Municipal Code 8.08.040, effective January 1, 2021, the following assessment fee will be charged for excessive false alarms:
First alarm: $0
Second alarm and subsequent: $250 each
A false alarm is a signal from an alarm system that requires a response by the police and/or fire when no emergency, actual or threatened criminal activity requiring immediate response exists.
You can help prevent false alarms:
- Anyone who has a key to your home or business must know how to operate your security system.
- Securely close and lock all protected doors and windows before leaving.
- Keep pets, fans, heaters, balloons, curtains, etc. away from motion sensor areas.
- Be comfortable with how much time you have to arm and disarm your system.
- If a false alarm occurs, enter your disarm code carefully to reset your alarm. Do not leave until you are certain that either your system has reset or your central station calls you and you give your pass or ID code.
- Keep in contact with your alarm company periodically if you have any changes to your home or business that would affect the alarm system.
For questions regarding false alarms, please call 206-433-1808.