The City of Tukwila is actively engaged in the regional effort to address the coronavirus. For more information, visit King County Public Health, which has a wealth of resources, including information in other languages.
The City has recently enacted the following temporary operational changes in response to the regional coronavirus outbreak.
There are things that we can all do to help contain the virus:
- Wash your hands often and well – hot water, soap and a duration of at least 20 seconds are the three critical steps
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when hand washing is not available
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your sleeve or tissue
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects
- Avoid touching your face unless you have just washed your hands
- Stay home if you are sick and encourage your colleagues to stay home as well
Here are other ways the City is responding to the virus:
- Staff is actively engaged with the regional and state efforts to combat the virus
- Working with local organizations and institutions – such as the school district and facilities where large groups congregate – to provide up-to-date information and messaging
- Additional personal protective equipment protocols enacted for first responders
- Providing information to the community pointing them to King County Public Health for more information
- Ongoing communications with staff on the issue