In an ongoing effort to deliver safe and reliable energy to Tukwila-area customers, Puget Sound Energy’s natural gas system maintenance program will soon be underway. The work requires PSE to replace the existing, underground natural gas main, installed in 1979, with corrosion-resistant plastic main. PSE is committed to completing the work with as little inconvenience to you as possible. Please see below for project details.
Who: Natural gas crews from PSE and InfraSource
What: Replacing the underground natural gas main
When: Work is to begin the week of February 22 and is expected to last approximately seven weeks
Work hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Where: On 57th Avenue South just south of South 149th Street to South 147th Street and on South 147th Street from 57th Avenue South to 59th Avenue South (please see map on flyer linked below)
What you can expect
- Signs and traffic control flaggers will guide vehicles through the work zone
- There will likely be noise from trucks and heavy machinery
- Some customers may experience a short interruption of natural gas service during this time. PSE will notify impacted customers prior to beginning work requiring an interruption in service
- If you are home when the work is complete, a technician will reconnect your natural gas service and complete safety checks on your gas appliances immediately
- If you are not home when the work is complete, please give PSE a call at (888) 225-5773 and a technician will be out as soon as possible to reconnect your natural gas service
- This work should not impact electric service in the area