When disaster calls – how will you respond?
The City of Tukwila Fire Department and Office of Emergency Management are offering the FEMA-sponsored Community Emergency Response Team training at no charge starting April 24, 2018!
Following a large scale emergency, professional responders may not be immediately available as they are tasked with multiple priorities. Through CERT training, individuals and organizations learn life-saving response skills to help each other until professionals arrive.
CERT includes 21 hours of training, plus a simulated disaster drill. Topics include the following:
- Hazard Identification & Disaster Preparedness
- Response Team Organization and Communication
- Fire Safety and Suppression
- Light Search and Rescue
- Simple Triage and Rapid Treatment
- Disaster Medical Operations
- Terrorism Awareness
- Disaster Psychology and Emotional Impacts
- Comprehensive Final Drill
Classes run each Tuesday, 6:00pm to 9:00pm for seven weeks, beginning April 24th. The Final drill and graduation are held on Saturday, June 9, from 8:00am to 12:00pm.
Participants must attend all classes and the drill in order to receive a certificate of completion.