Volunteers are a vital part of government’s existence and are deeply appreciated. Advisory bodies provide guidance to decision-makers and bring public participation into the process of government. Ideally, the members represent the diverse viewpoints of the community, and offer comprehensive recommendations to the City Council. Current openings are:
- Arts Commission: Position #7, Resident
- Community-Oriented Policing Citizen Advisory Board: Student Representative
- Equity & Social Justice Commission: Position #9, Community Representative and Student Representative
- Library Advisory Board: Position #7, Resident and Student Representative
- Park Commission: Position #4, Community Representative and Student Representative
More information plus the Application for Appointment can be found on the Boards & Commissions page.