City of Tukwila Emergency Management
15005 Tukwila International Blvd
Tukwila, WA 98188
Phone: 206 971-8750
In the Puget Sound Area, bad air quality is most often caused by wildfire smoke. Puget Sound Clear Air monitors air quality. If air quality becomes harmful, warnings are issued. To get wildfire smoke warnings from Puget Sound Clean Air, text “WILDFIRES” to 313131.
- Active Children and Adults
- Elderly People
- People with respiratory
diseases, like asthma
When Air Quality is Harmful
Stay Inside and inactive
- Sensitive groups should take extra precaution.
- Avoid being outside in the afternoon and early evening. That’s when air pollution levels are usually highest.
- Do less physical activity. Physical activity increases the amount of air you breathe.
Keep harmful air out of your home
- Close doors and windows
- Change air filters and run air conditioning fans in “circulation mode.”
Pay attention to signs of health problems
- Wheezing, coughing and trouble breathing
- Red, itchy & burning eyes, nose & mouth
- Pain during breathing
- If you have any of these symptoms talk to your doctor.