City of Tukwila Emergency Management
15005 Tukwila International Blvd
Tukwila, WA 98188
Phone: 206 971-8750
Before a Pandemic
- Store additional supplies of food and water.
- Periodically check your regular prescription drugs to ensure a continuous supply in your home.
- Have nonprescription drugs and other health supplies on hand, including pain relievers, stomach remedies, cough and cold medicines, fluids, and vitamins.
- Get copies and maintain electronic versions of health records from doctors, hospitals, pharmacies, and other sources. Store them for personal reference.
- Talk with family members and others close to you about how they would like to be cared for if they got sick and what would be needed to care for them in your home.
During a Pandemic
Limit the Spread of Germs and Prevent Infection
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing to prevent those around you from getting sick.
- Follow local Public Health Guidance on Mask use and other protective measures.
- Wash your hands often to protect yourself from germs.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Practice good health habits. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food.
- If you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick.
Follow this link for more tips and info on disease outbreaks.