Tukwila Parks & Recreationwp_posts
12424 42nd Avenue South
Tukwila, WA 98168
Phone: 206 768-2822
Email Parks & Recreation
Have you noticed an increase in litter around your local park or trail?
Tukwila Parks and Recreation needs your help to keep open spaces clean and green! Consider adopting a spot by committing to pitching in to pick up litter in your favorite parks.
Adopt-A-Spot is a year around partnership between Tukwila Parks and Recreation and residents, community groups, and businesses to help beautify Tukwila’s parks and trails.
Becoming an Adopt-A-Spot Park Steward is easy!
- Identify the park or section of the Green River Trail that you would like to adopt.
- Complete the Adopt-A-Spot online form.
- Meet with Parks and Recreation staff for a quick training, and you are now a Park Steward!
What does a cleanup look like?
Once you have adopted a spot, participated in a quick training, and received supplies, then your project can begin.
- Volunteers can set their own schedules for cleaning up.
- Cleanups can be as casual as a weekly stroll through the park. The work is focused on litter however depending on the volunteer light landscaping or restoration is an option.
- All collected litter can be put in the trash cans onsite or in a designated area.
- There is a short data collection for the work but otherwise, it is that simple to make a difference.
Tukwila Parks and Recreation will provide:
- Gloves, trash pickers, and bags
- Signage posted onsite thanking you, your business, or your group.
- Safety during cleanups
- Four cleanups a year
- One-year (or longer) commitment
- Complete a short report after each cleanup
Not ready to adopt-a-spot but want to join a community cleanup event?
Parks and Recreation staff organize several group cleanups throughout the year.
Information and Questions:
Email TukParks@TukwilaWA.gov or call 206-767-2315