Tukwila Parks & Recreationwp_posts
12424 42nd Avenue South
Tukwila, WA 98168
Phone: 206 768-2822
Email Parks & Recreation
Have you noticed an increase in litter around your local park or trail?
Tukwila Parks and Recreation needs your help to keep open spaces clean and green! Consider adopting a spot by committing to pitching in to pick up litter in your favorite parks.
Adopt-A-Spot is a year around a partnership between Tukwila Parks and Recreation and residents, community groups, and businesses to help beautify Tukwila’s parks and trails.
Join a Walk & Talk Community Litter Clean-Up Summer Events
Take a guided walk and learn about wildlife and native plants while picking up litter. This educational stroll will help get microplastics out of the river and into the trash.
- June 29th, Duwamish Hill Preserve, 10 -12 p.m. Sign Up Click Here
- July 20th, Bicentennial Park & Trail, 10-12 p.m. Sign Up Click Here
- August 17th, Green River Trail, 10-12 p.m. Sign Up Click Here
Become an Adopt-A-Spot Park Steward
- Identify the park or section of the Green River Trail that you want to adopt.
- Complete the Adopt-A-Spot online form.
- Meet with Parks and Recreation staff for quick training, and you are now a Park Steward!
What does a cleanup look like?
Once you have adopted a spot, participated in a quick training, and received supplies, then your project can begin.
- Volunteers can set their own schedules for cleaning up.
- Cleanups can be as casual as a weekly stroll through the park. The work is focused on litter however, depending on the volunteer, light landscaping or restoration is an option.
- All collected litter can be put in the trash cans onsite or in a designated area.
- There is a short data collection for the work but otherwise, it is that simple to make a difference.
Tukwila Parks and Recreation will provide:
- Gloves, trash pickers, and bags
- Signage posted onsite thanking you, your business, or your group.
- Safety during cleanups
- Four cleanups a year
- One-year (or longer) commitment
- Complete a short report after each cleanup
Not ready to adopt-a-spot but want to join a community cleanup event?
Parks and Recreation staff organize several group cleanups throughout the year.
Information and Questions:
Email TukParks@TukwilaWA.gov or call 206-767-2315
Resources for Adopt-A-Spot Volunteers
- Recreation Guide
- Parks & Trails
- Seniors: Fitness, Recreation and Wellness
- Adult Fitness Programs
- Teens: Fitness and Recreation
- Young Children: Preschool, After School, Enrichment Classes, Sports, and Summer Camps
- Facility Rentals
- Foster Golf Links
- Public Art Program
- Projects and Planning