Applications for the 2023 Tree Giveaway have closed; check back next year for the 2024 application
Tukwila residents can apply for FREE trees through the Tukwila Tree giveaway, a program to grow our urban forest. Tukwila has been a Tree City USA for over 20 years – we know trees are an essential part of a healthy city. Thank you for your support in helping add tree canopy to our city!
HOW TO PLANT YOUR FREE TREES
Use this guide to understand how to properly plant your tree : Tukwila Tree Giveaway How To Plant Guide 2023
You can also learn how to plant your tree(s) by watching our tree planting video
Application for 2023 will go live summer of 2024
How to get FREE tree(s),
Choose your planting location and select a tree suited for the space.
- Use the Tree Selection Guide to find a tree that suits your space. We are offering 14 different tree species to choose from this year. Select tree species with plenty of room to grow to maturity at your planting location.
- Trees must be planted on private property in Tukwila.
- Ensure the planting location has adequate spacing from underground and overhead utilities such as water and sewer lines and backyard power lines. We recommend you call 811, the free service to help you locate utilities, before you dig to avoid hitting any utility lines when planting your tree.
Complete and submit an online application by September 15.
- The application is open from July 10 -September 15. We will confirm your tree(s) and send information on how to plant them by October 2nd. Species are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Order sooner to ensure availability.
Pick up your FREE trees!
- You will pick up your tree(s) on Saturday, October 7th, at Hazelnut Park between 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- You can also choose to have your trees delivered the week after October 7th if you would prefer.
- There will be staff on-site to walk through how to plant and care for your tree.
- You will be responsible for bringing your 5-gallon tree home. Trees will be about 6 feet tall.
Plant your tree!
- Follow the instructions in the planting guide. Be sure to water your tree after it’s in the ground! We will follow up after trees are distributed, requesting photos and providing tree care guidance.
The application will be open from July 10 -September 15, CLICK HERE. We will contact all applicants once all applications have been reviewed and processed.
View and download 2023 FREE Trees: Tukwila Tree Giveaway Selection Guide – 2023
If you have any questions regarding the Tukwila Tree giveaway, please call, text, or email Maya Klem at firstname.lastname@example.org, 206-379-5290
Follow us on Facebook: @greentukwilapartnership