Walk & Roll Program
What is Walk & Roll?
The Walk and Roll Plan is the City of Tukwila’s first nonmotorized plan, and includes projects to improve streets and trails for pedestrians and bicyclists. The ordinance adopting the Walk and Roll Plan and Complete Streets principles was approved by the Tukwila City Council in January 2009. Since the plan was adopted, the following projects have been completed by either private developers or the City in support of walking and biking:
- Cascade View Elementary Safe Routes to School Trail
- Sidewalk in front of Aviation High School
- Sidewalk on S. 150th Street (Thorndyke Elementary Safe Routes to School)
- Sidewalks on Interurban Ave S
- Sidewalks on Tukwila International Blvd
- Sidewalks on Southcenter Parkway (south of S. 180th St.)
- Bike lane on S. 112th St.
- Bike lanes and sharrows on East Marginal Way
- Bike lanes on ramps to/from Airport Way
- Bike lanes and sidewalks on Southcenter Blvd (east of I-5)
Share your walking or biking route!
Want to get ideas from other local walkers or bicyclists on where they like to walk or bike in our area? You can use To get ideas from other local walkers or bicyclists on where to walk or bike in the area, visit http://www.walkjogrun.net or http://bikely.com to make up new walking and bicycling routes and share them with others!
Volunteer to help out with the National Bicycle and Pedestrian Documentation Project!
The City has participated in this nation-wide effort since the Walk and Roll Plan was adopted. Each year in September, counts of bicyclists and pedestrians are taken to get an idea of how many people walk and bike and see how that is changing over time. Contact us for more information!
Review the Walk & Roll Plan