Public Safety Plan
Can’t make it to the Open House on August 10? Visit the Online Open House at: http://TukwilaPublicSafetyPlan.Participate.Online.
In 2016 the City of Tukwila developed a Public Safety Plan, which consisted of the following components:
- A voter-approved Public Safety Bond to pay for three fire stations, guaranteed funding for fire equipment and apparatus for the life of the 20-year bond and the construction of a Justice Center to house the City’s Police Department and Municipal Court
- A consolidated shops facility, paid through an equal contribution of existing General and Utility funds
On November 8, 2016, the voters of the City of Tukwila approved the public safety bond. Since that time, the City has begun implementing the multi-year Public Safety Plan.
The City is committed to a robust public engagement effort on the implementation of this plan, and this webpage serves as a clearing house for information on the subject. Key materials, milestones and other information will be shared on this page, including information from the Financial Oversight and Siting Advisory Committees. Further, any other information shared with the Council to inform key decisions or actions will be recorded here.
Finally, information on public engagement activities, including open houses, online open houses, meetings, etc. will be noticed here, as well as through all other communications channels managed by the City.
- Public Safety Bond Siting Advisory Committee Page
- Public Safety Bond Financial Oversight Committee Page
Public Safety Plan Narrated Slideshow
Watch the video below to become more familiar with what the Public Safety Plan will do. The video is also available in Spanish at this link.
Materials to date:
June 26, 2017 City Council Meeting:
June 12, 2017 City Council Meeting:
- Draft Fire Station Programming and Budget Implications
- Presentation: Fire Station Programming and Budget Implications
May 22, 2017 City Council Meeting:
April 10, 2017 City Council Meeting:
March 27, 2017 & April 3, 2017 City Council Meeting:
February 27, 2017 City Council Meeting:
January 10, 2017 City Council Work Session:
Information on the Public Safety Plan developed prior to the implementation phase can be found archived here.